A wedge is almost as essential to tree felling as a chainsaw. When inserted correctly, wedges prevent the tree from pinching or leaning back onto the chainsaw bar when making a back cut and help to fell the tree in the direction of the notch cut. Wedges provide an enhanced safer and cleaner felling process when using a felling axe or chainsaw. A wedge is also handy when processing a tree after felling, known as bucking, when the tree limbs and trunk are cut into useable lengths of timber.
Our tree felling wedge is durable and incorporates spike notches on the reverse for a superior grip on timber.
- Durable plastic construction
- Spike notches for a superior grip on timber
- Textured surface on both sides for extra grip when handling
- Hi-visibility amber yellow colour for easy identification in the forest
- Overall Length: 8″ / 21cm
- Weight: 200g